Ensuring that companies and institutions are inclusive and equitable is important, so the CCPD also provides support in evaluating a potential employer's commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Things to consider when assessing an employer’s commitment
- Look for a statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on their website
- See if the employer provides access to mentoring, affinity or special interest groups
- Try to determine if the employer has a Chief Diversity Officer
- Find out what the leadership team looks like
- Check DiversityInc, Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Diversity, HRC Corporate Equality Index
Articles that provide suggestions on questions to ask/investigate