The World Away.
Through our existing job search programs and services, The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) supports the search and registration of Arch Semester Away experiences, including Co-ops, Paid/Unpaid Internships, and Civic Engagement Experiences.
Search for The Arch opportunities or make an appointment with a CCPD counselor through Handshake.
Quick Facts about The Arch Away Semester
- Log into sis.rpi.edu to record your Away Semester plan.
- Go to Handshake to upload your offer letter and resume and to answer a few questions about your experience (Handshake > Career Center > Experiences > Request an Experience)
- CCPD will verify and approve the plan and send approval to student email.
- Attend Away Semester Briefing
Offer letters must be on company letterhead or from an official company email and contain:
- Start- and end-date
- Rate of pay
- Description of the work
- Supervisor's Name and contact information
All International students are required to register their employment/Away Semester with the ISSS Office. You must submit supporting documents that meet all stated requirements, in order to keep your visa status current with the Institute. All offers of employment are subject to review and approval by both the CCPD and ISSS.